Saturday, June 15, 2013

Slave Leia

What a day, what a day. I am le exhausted. I went to Animal Services to volunteer & needless to say its a wonder I didn't walk out of there with at least one animal.
So! 
Today I thought I would share my lovely Slave Leia costume, purchased not made (I'm not that crafty).
I got this gem in April and I had to keep it hidden until May 4th for the classy "May the 4th be with you" Facebook posting. This costume makes me feel happy, although it is made out of shoddy material and it fits awkward. The hair piece is just ridiculous - it doesn't fit right, nor does it stay in my hair properly. Plus I didn't have long enough hair to do the Slave Leia hairdo - I see a lot of people do the side buns with this outfit, but that's not Kosher to a true SW fan, so I did my best with what I had here. I need to get myself some of the boots she wore, though - like, how can I wear this in public if I don't have booties for my feet?! A problem for another day, I suppose. My bigger issue is getting a bangin' bod so that I can wear this comfortably - it was saggy in some areas, but a little tight on the ol' muffin top - so I've got to work on that. 
I don't remember where I bought it, but I believe it was around $50. Worth the money despite its obvious shortcomings? Absolutely. I love it and I can't wait to show it off again. 

May the force be with you,


And also with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment